Configurable for SSL?

Nov 23, 2009 at 11:04 PM
Edited Nov 23, 2009 at 11:04 PM

Hello,

This has been a great tool so far running localhost, but i am experiencing some issues now that i am running it on a webserver that is using SSL.  I don't get any errors, there's just a blank space where the SilverLight control should be.  In fact, I can right-click and see that SilverLight control is there, but its' completely white.  Is there any additional configuration I need to do to get it to work with SSL? Maybe you have seen this before and it's not an SSL issue?  Let me know if you need further details.

Thanks

Coordinator
Nov 24, 2009 at 12:17 AM

We use this control pretty much exclusively over SSL with no problems, so my best guess is that is not the source of your problem.

I have run into the blank space problem a few times though, and it is usually one of the following, both of which result in the browser not being able to get the .xap file:

1. The web server does not have the .xap MIME type configured, and is thus not delivering the .xap file to the browser.

2. Forgetting to add the silverlight project to the web projects list of silverlight apps in visual studio, and thus builds do not place the .xap file into the ClientBin folder.

Let me know if either of those help you out!

Nov 24, 2009 at 10:55 PM

#1 was exactly the problem.  Added .xap to the MIME type for that website and it now works like a champ.  I'm new to this Silverlight development :)  Thanks for the quick response, and thanks for the awesome tool!