Usage in an UpdatePanel

Oct 20, 2009 at 3:52 PM

I'm evaluating various Silverlight or SWF upload controls for my application.  I'm currently using NeatUpload since it uses an HTTPHandler for processing the uploads which is much less server resource intensive than the default ASP.NET implementation.  I like the fact that this control uses the same type of implementation but was wondering if this control can be used within an AJAX modal embedded within an UpdatePanel?

Coordinator
Oct 20, 2009 at 6:02 PM

I have not tried it in the manner that you describe, but I have used it in various scenarios that involve hiding/showing the uploader, or placing it into a floating div, and it works.  Sometimes it can be a little tricky to get it working in firefox when you get fancy with it (the silverlight plug-in won't render, or you'll get a positioning issue), but I've been able to work around it, and I'd be happy to help out if you run into any issues.

Oct 20, 2009 at 6:15 PM
That's great! I will give it a try and post my findings on this thread.

On Oct 20, 2009, at 1:02 PM, pcoley wrote:

I have not tried it in the manner that you describe, but I have used it in various scenarios that involve hiding/showing the uploader, or placing it into a floating div, and it works. Sometimes it can be a little tricky to get it working in firefox when you get fancy with it (the silverlight plug-in won't render, or you'll get a positioning issue), but I've been able to work around it, and I'd be happy to help out if you run into any issues.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (silverlightuploader@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email silverlightuploader@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com