404 on IIS 7.5

Oct 21, 2010 at 4:20 PM

Just thought I would post this since I couldn't find the answer anywhere.

If you are using .Net 4 and IIS 7.5 and receive a 404 when trying to access the UploaderControlHandler.ashx url, you need to change the preCondition attribute of the element under the system.webServer/handlers section to: preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersionv4.0"

The entire element should look like this:

<add name="UploaderControlHandler.ashx_*" path="UploaderControlHandler.ashx" verb="*" type="Vci.FileUploader.UploaderControlHandler,Vci.FileUploader" preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersionv4.0" />

Again just thought I would post this in case it helps someone else.

Thanks for creating this project it is a great tool and I have used it several times already!

Mar 25, 2011 at 9:04 AM

Hi ITLackey,

Just to let you know how helpful your post is to me. I have been troubleshooting and drilled into each permission corner to find out the root cause. It has been taking me few days until I saw your post here. You're such a wonderful sharing guy! May god bless beautiful people like you. BIG THANK YOU!

Have a fantastic day!

John

Mar 25, 2011 at 2:26 PM

I am glad it helped! :)

Aug 23, 2011 at 9:15 PM

ITLackey,

You are the salt to my sea, the hair on my wig, the handle on my cup, the digits on my phone, the colour of my pen, the light in my bulb... Let any god you believe in thwart you with every wish, need and want you have.

Thank you sir!

Nov 6, 2011 at 2:03 PM

@ITLackey

THANK YOU _______________________! ;)

Mar 8, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Dear ITLackey,

Your post was SO helpful that I actually registered here on Codeplex just so I could thank you.

So, here it is ... Thanks!

I'm using IIS Express on a dev box at home and this also solved the problem for me.

BTW, I now have two entries for the handler in my web.config - your version in "system.webServer/handlers" and the original in "system.web / httpHandlers". I've don't know if this will cause a problem when I deploy to my live IIS 6 server but I'll keep you posted. In any event, I can just use web.config transformation to remove it.

With eternal gratitude,

Marcus

P.S. If you ever need a job ...