Using FileUploader in pure Silverlight

May 17, 2010 at 9:02 PM
Edited May 17, 2010 at 9:03 PM

Hi, i'm trying to implement this control in my existing silverlight project. The control works ok, files get uploaded to the sandbox properly in my test environment.

The trouble starts when i try to listen to the events to process the uploads and name the files and place them in the appropriate folders.

fuControl.FileFilter = "Image files (*.jpg)|*.jpg"
fuControl.MaxFileSizeKB = 1000
fuControl.MultiSelect = False
fuControl.UploadHandlerPath = "UploaderControlHandler.ashx"

AddHandler fuControl.Files.AllFilesFinished, UploadFileFinished(fuControl, Nothing)

Is there any example on this, if i listen to the finished events they only seem to get called when the page initializes. Can i for ex. listen to the events on the server side (trough the javascript) so i can call a method on my server to handle the uploaded files (if i listen to it on the client side i guess i should place calls to a webservice to handle them)

May 17, 2010 at 9:06 PM

btw i'm aware of the: UploadedFileProcessorType. The problem is the files that are uploaded should be placed in a specific folder for the currently selected item.

In my usercontrol where the fileuploader is called there is a master/detail scenario where, for example, i have a city(New York) and a Street (Wallstreet) selected. When a user uploads a file it should go into the /NewYork/Wallstreet/ folder. How would i handle such a situation ?